Most of my experience has been in silico. I'm interested in research in vitro. But my heart really lies in folio.
- My background is in mathematics and theoretical computer science.
- I completed a 4 year degree in maths and computer science here at Oxford (2011-2015).
- I have spent most of my life in southeast London.
- In primary school I was into drawing and counting.
- Modelling, especially with discrete and/or stochastic models such as Markov chains and cellular automata.
- Correctness and usefulness of models.
- Research which reduces the number of animals needed to use in life science research.
- For my bachelor's thesis I worked on linear temporal logic (LTL) model checking of discrete-time Markov chain systems (DTMCs). During this project I started exploring the possibility of using similar methods to look at properties of biological systems which can be modelled using DTMCs.
- In the summer of 2014 I completed an Amgen scholars research internship in the Systems Biology Centre at Cambridge, working with game of life-based simple cellular automata models.
- For my master's project I looked at reducing the size of continuous-time Markov chain (CTMC) models of chemical reaction networks.