- A Levels at Sunway College, Malaysia
- BSc in Biochemistry at Imperial College London
I am interested in applying mathematical concepts to study biological systems.
- Completed an 8-week short project in the molecular biology lab of Dr Kenji Okuse.
This involved nociceptors and sodium channel Nav1.8 as the focus for drug
development. I created hybrid constructs between human Nav1.8 and rat Nav1.5 channels in order to identify which part of the Nav1.8 channel the drug binds.
- Completed a 11-week bioinformatics project under the supervision of Dr Michael Tristem
- I will be doing two DTC rotation projects April - September 2015.
- DPhil research project in Synthetic Biology at Warwick University. Group and project to be confirmed.
First year timetable
- Teaching - I taught Science, Mathematics and English to a group of bright and unruly form 2 students at FCC Teach Center in Malaysia.
- Musical theatre - I am an avid fan of musicals and have performed a number of them with the Imperial College Musical Theatre Society.